Monday, January 14, 2013

Simplify

Lately, I've really been feeling the urge to simplify.  I want to purge the things in my life that I don't need.  This includes all aspects of my life- what I eat, my closet, our home, and how I spend my time.  After Christmas, I felt like there was so much clutter in my life.  We live in a small house with very limited storage, so there always seems to be too much stuff and not enough room.  R has a "we might need it in the future" mentality, which has rubbed off on me a bit.  I would love to go through every item in our home and only keep the things we need or love.

I also want to clean out my closet.  I am making an effort to dress in a more mature and sophisticated way.  No more jeans and fitted tees!  That will start with a good closet de-clutter.  My drawers are stuffed to the brim with clothes, but I feel like I rotate the same basic pieces every few weeks.  That means I need to git rid of a lot of clothes.  My search for a new wardrobe was inspired by this photo found on Pinterest (I can't find the original source):


When I stumbled across this picture, I was amazed that so many great outfits could be created using just a few simple basics.  So begins my search to build a minimalist wardrobe.  To start with, I bought a super cute pair of leopard print ballet flats.  I need some flats in my life.

There are many areas in my life that need a good cleansing.  I'm hoping 2013 will be there year that I have less and appreciate it more.

2 comments:

  1. I read this tip on another blog. Turn all of the hangers around in your closet so they go the opposite direction. Then when you wear the outfit, put it back in correctly. Then after a period of time you can clearly see which clothes you do not wear and get rid of those.
    Sounds simple, but I've just been meaning to turn those hangers around for two weeks now and I still haven't done it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that too! You're so right- I've been meaning to do it for about 3 weeks now...

      Delete