Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Recap 11.12.2012

Wow, this weekend was amazing.

As many of you know, R and I recently moved away from our beloved Boone to Hendersonville, NC. We have only been back twice since the wedding, and with fall and the recent snow, we were really starting to miss it.  Luckily, our dear friend Josh had the idea to invite lots of old friends up to Boone in order to propose to his beautiful girlfriend (aka, my life-long friend Carly).  So, R, Orvis, and I packed up Friday night and made the trek up the mountain.

We spent Friday night catching up with R's family, then heading to a local hangout for a little karaoke. We made plans to tailgate the next day (all the while, knowing sweet C-bug would have a ring on her finger by then) and headed to R's house for the night.

Saturday morning, we had a delicious breakfast with R's parents.  We then took off to run some errands before the big football game.  We got to stop by my favorite place in Boone (I loved it so much, I decided to work there for a year and a half!), Stick Boy Bread Co., and pick up a few pumpkin chocolate chip scones.  We also visited the house I used to live in and Richard's former office.  Around 11, we arrived on campus to do a little tailgating before the game.  However, if any one knows Carly's family, they don't do anything little.  The tailgate consisted of barbeque, macaroni & cheese, sausage balls, Texas caviar (a delicious salsa which I will post the recipe for later), fruit salad, veggies, brownies, pumpkin fluff (another recipe for later), and cupcakes.  I could hardly move after 3-4 trips to the food table.  We played cornhole and drank champagne to celebrate Josh & Carly's engagement!  We also discovered that pipe tobacco stops wasp stings from hurting after Josh's mom Tammy got stung.

We finally made our way down to the football game, where the Mountaineers won (go APPS!)  However, I will admit that I only stayed through the 1st quarter.  I like the idea of football more than I like football itself.  Also, after 4 1/2 hours of tailgating in the sun, I needed a nap.

Sunday, we were able to visit our favorite church in Boone (theHeart) with R's family.  Jason English, the pastor there, was our wedding officiant.  It was great to see him, and to spend time at church with family.  We later had a delicious lunch cooked by my mother-in-law (a fantastic cook), then it was back to Hendo!

We had an amazing time in Boone, and we hope not to wait six months between now and our next visit.

Here are some pictures, for your viewing pleasure:


The boys, in their plaid, playing hunting games.  Who did I marry?

She's getting marrriiiieeeddd!!


We are going on 10 years of friendship!  They bring me so much joy.


Lori- the incredible 


Lifelong friends!


Pretty finds at the Bead Box in Boone


And then this...
He is worn out from his exciting weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment