Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Activities

Hello!  What a busy day today has been!  R and I planned for today to be our "Get Sheet Done" day, so we have been hard at work.  We had a relaxing morning with R playing video games while I put together our monthly meal plan.  Say whaaaa?  So far, we have tried to do a weekly meal plan to help us stay within our budget and to help me figure out what I need at the store so I don't have to make a bazillion trips.  That was great, but when I stumbled across this blog, I saw how much more beneficial it might be to plan out the whole month.  Half the time, I never got around to planning our weeks, so we would go day to day trying to decide what our meals would be.  That resulted in a lot of trips to the store each week and a lot of impulse buys.  We are hoping this monthly meal plan will help us stay on track with our eating and spending.

I have now planned out our entire month's meal plan.  I did leave Thanksgiving weekend blank because I knew we'd be out of town for those days and it's just hard to tell how that will go.  The way Callie does her meal plan is- she writes down each meal on the date they will eat.  She goes to the store and buys ALL of the ingredients they will need for each meal, then she spends several days in the kitchen preparing frozen meals that can be dumped in the crock pot or put in the oven.  I love that.  But, our tiny house only allows for so much freezer space.  Sooo, I'm just doing half of what she does.  I've planned out all the meals for the month, but I only bought the ingredients for two weeks worth of meals.  I spent a few hours in the kitchen today chopping veggies and cooking chicken so that it's super easy to toss everything into the crock pot.

I think this will be a good way to ease into the monthly meal plan.  I am super excited to see how it goes.  And, it takes so much pressure off to try to decide what to eat everyday.  I don't know about you, but often the hardest part off cooking is figuring out what to cook.  After the first day, this eliminates that problem.  I'll keep you posted on how things go.  If it goes well, I'll post my favorite recipes at the end of the month.  A lot of them are from Pinterest, which can be hit or miss.

Besides preparing food, R and I were able to go to the Annual Fly Fishing Expo in Hendersonville.  I was kind of dreading it, but it ended up being more fun than I thought it would be.  Fly fishers are so nice!  And they are very helpful, so R got to ask lots of questions and learn lots of new things, which is great!

Anywho, we finished up the day with a movie and lots of ironing.  My favorite.  Here is a lovely picture of all of R's shirts that get ironed eventually.



Also, today, I am thankful for the end of Daylight Savings.  That extra hour is so awesome!  I know the beginning of Daylight Savings is a pain in the ace when we lose an hour.  But, I think the extra hour in the fall is so worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment