Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday

I'm hoping to be more regular in my posts on this blog, than I have been on other blogs in the past.  I'm thinking about creating a schedule that will not only give me ideas to post, but also keep me posting regularly.  I have a few ideas so far, but I need to think a little more on it.  So far, my ideas are:

Monday Recap- a recap of my weekend.  This will be fun if I've had a fun weekend, but lots of my weekends are stay at home and clean the house weekends or work weekends.  Not sure how that would be to read about...
Thankful Thursdays- (after November is done with).  This will be great to keep me thinking about things I often take for granted.
High Five for Friday OR Confessional Friday- I could link up to other blogs for both, I'm just still deciding which I'd like to do.  Maybe a mash-up..!
Another thing I'd like to incorporate is a Pinterest Post.  I would love to post things I've found on Pinterest, because I love Pinterest and because it has awesome things.  So, we'll see!

Anyway, since I didn't post yesterday, I am going to write about two things I am thankful for today!

Numero uno- I am thankful for the awesome job I stumbled upon after moving here.  I am the Daytime Manager at a historic inn in Downtown Hendersonville.  I randomly walked in one day and asked if they were hiring.  As it turns out, they were!  For those of you who don't know, I graduated from Appalachian State (Go APPS!) with a degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management.  So, the Front Desk Manager position they offered me was the perfect way to get my foot in the door in the hospitality industry.  The Front Desk Manager position kind of morphed into a front desk, marketing, events, etc. position.  Then, just a few weeks ago, I received a promotion that made me the Daytime Manager.  I now manage the front desk, lunch, and housekeeping, with a side of marketing. :)  This job has been such a blessing!  The owners are so fun to work with and they are super flexible.  I am so thankful for the opportunities they have given me.  I'm looking forward to this holiday season.  The Inn will be so beautiful during the holidays!

Numero Dos- I am so so thankful for my sweet husband.  You had to know that was coming eventually!  On Monday we will celebrate six months of being married.  In some ways, it feels like our wedding was just yesterday.  In other, it feels like we've been married our whole life!  Either way, I am so grateful for him and his wisdom and his patience.  He is one of the most patient people I know, and that is probably one of the reasons we are still together.  I tend to drive him crazy- intentionally and unintentionally- and he just shrugs it off.  I love that he is full of boy knowledge (has anyone else noticed that guys tend to know the most random things?) like what color blood is that hasn't seen oxygen and how to hang a towel rack even though he's never done it before.  I am so grateful for how understanding he was when we lost my 12 year old Sheltie, Shadow, a few months ago.  He wanted to wait several months before getting a new dog, but he knew I couldn't wait that long.  One week later, we brought Orvis home with us.  He is a hard worker and hilarious and he makes me so happy.  I'm so thankful for these past six months (and the two years that preceded our marriage).

Alrighty, next week, I hope to have a better schedule planned out for the blog.  Tonight, I will leave you with a picture of R and I the day we adopted Orvis.  He's already grown so much!  And he's gained 8 pounds!


No comments:

Post a Comment