Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On Being Content

For those of you who don't know, my husband and I moved to Hendersonville right after we got married.  Well, he had already moved, and I was basically just waiting on the wedding before moving my stuff (and self) in.

While this has been an incredibly exciting time during our marriage (hello, first year!), it has also been an incredibly lonely time.  Moving to Hendersonville, where the average age is like 65 (not really, but it feels that way, compared to Boone where the median age is 21), has been a challenge, to say the least.  Since day 1, I've been hoping against hope that we would be able to move to Charlotte, where my family and our friends are.

After a visit to Charlotte for my mom's birthday, I hit the breaking point.  I was miserable at the thought of driving home.  I called R and told him I would do anything to move.  I was tired of being lonely and tired of trying to fit all our fun into the 1 1/2 days every other month that we got to visit friends and family.  After a long talk, we determined that it was just not feasible.  In order to move, R would have to take a huge pay cut and we just weren't in a position to do that.  I was heart broken.

However, after our phone chat, it hit me.  God has GOT this.  Why didn't I see it before?  Since before R and I even began dating, God had a plan.  After R's graduation, he had several job offers, one of which would move him out of Boone.  The one he ended up accepting kept him there.  Then, when he was blessed with a promotion, it was in the same branch.  I found out a few semesters before that I was able to graduate a semester early.  That was perfect timing for us to get married May of 2012.  Richard's next promotion came exactly one month before our wedding.  It gave us just enough time to find a place to live and move our stuff down before the wedding.  Some of that may be confusing, but it comes down to one thing- Perfect timing.

Since the beginning, He had a plan.  I now realize that right now is just not a good time to move.  And I'm okay with that.  I'm learning to appreciate the few friends we've made, along with the time I get to devote to my husband and our marriage.  I'm learning to manage my time in a more constructive way.  I'm learning to really cherish the moments we spend with our friends and family.  Most of all, I'm learning to be content.

8 comments:

  1. Girl, God's timing is perfect. It may not seem like it, but it ultimately is. When I was terribly lonely in Wilmington I had a word that God was pulling me away from friends/family/distractions to work on my heart. This time you have with just you and R is your time to work on your marriage and grow your hearts together.

    I'll pray that you and R will be obedient to God. And, okay, I'll pray a little bit that God sends y'all back to Charlotte. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sure you completely understand after being in Wilmington! I love that you were able to work on your heart while away from any distractions. I'm sure that is another reason we are here- to work on our hearts individually and together.

      Thank you for the encouragement and the prayers! :)

      Delete
  2. A great post, Taylor. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is really great that although you are having a hard time to understand what His plan is for you and R, you are still remembering that it is HIS plan. In a sense it is almost a comforting thought to realize that almost everything else that has gone according to His plan has worked out so beneficially for you and R, ya know?

    Over the past couple of months I have really been reaching out to God and sort of asking the same question, 'Okay what's the plan?' (Especially since I am about to get married but I am still going to be in school even after we tie the knot :/) But I think that the reason He doesn't put it all right out there in front of you is because if you didn't like the plan he has for you...you would try to change it. And then that's not His plan that is your plan. For me at least, His plans have always worked out better for me haha.

    I miss you Tay B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey,
      I never thought about it that way, that we might try to change His plan if we didn't like it. So true!

      I'm so excited for your engagement! I will be praying for you during this time of crazy anticipation and excitement. Love you and miss you!

      Delete
  4. Taylor. Lovely post.

    I have been thinking about coming to visit you a lot lately. Not sure why (other than I think you are super awesome.) Can we get a date on the calendar? Maybe March-ish?

    Praying for you.

    Oh! And we should be pen pals! That I the best part of living far from those you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amie,

      I would love love love for you to visit! Hendersonville has so many fun things to do, including going to DuPont Forest (where lots of scenes from the Hunger Games were shot). Asheville is super fun too! Let's plan a weekend or atleast a day of fun.

      Also, I LOVE sending letters and packages! Expect one in the few days...

      Delete
  5. I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Abija); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him here as +447053820826 or spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more.

    ReplyDelete