Friday, December 7, 2012

High Five for Friday!

I'm linking with up with Lauren at the From My Grey Desk blog for this fun "High Five for Friday!" post.  Unfortunately, I don't have any fun pictures to put up.  I'll work on that for next time...   Here are five of the highlights from my week:

1.  I got 75% of my Christmas shopping done this week.  Yay!  Now, I just have wrap them all.  I love wrapping gifts, but I need to set aside a good hour or two to really enjoy it.  Maybe with a little Charlie Brown Christmas...

2.  I took Orvis to the dog park this week and he had a BLAST.  Up until now, he's been terrified every time we take him.  But this week he made some friends and ran circles around the park.  He's kind of the weird loner kid at recess that spends his time sniffing rocks and trying to get other kids to play.  But, that's okay, he's having fun and that's all that matters.

3.  I got to spend all day yesterday at McFarlan Bake Shop in downtown Hendersonville.  We got to make cookies for an event we have at the Inn.  We made 1,000 cookies in two hours.  Not too shabby! I also got to sample about 6, so that was great too.

4.  We sent out our first Campbell family Christmas cards today.  We used TinyPrints (a smaller company belonging to Shutterfly) and they turned out great!  I'm so excited for my family members to receive theirs!

5.  Today, I got to spend the entire day with my fabulous parents in Asheville.  I met up with them at the Grand Bohemian Hotel, where they stayed the night.  We enjoyed a delicious breakfast and I got to see their fantastic room.  I love the way the Grand Bohemian is decorated.  Very clean, but rustic.  Then, we ventured around two different malls in Asheville.  One was superb and one was ghet-to.  Then, Dad fixed my sweet little Scout.  He got banged up a few weeks ago on my way back from Asheville and has been riding around with a busted lip.  Dad got him all fixed up!  We finished up with dinner at Haus Heidelberg, a local German restaurant.  It was delish!

What are your favorite things from this past week?  Link up with the From My Grey Desk blog with your High Five for Friday!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite things this week: I taught my students the nines multiplication finger trick, I decorated my house for Christmas, and I got to see my sweet niece Annabelle! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I still use the nines multiplication finger trick. Valuable lesson there. Also, houses are cosiest when they're decorated for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete