Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Story

I'm Taylor.  I am a Christian, a wife, a dog owner, a reader, a friend, a Parks & Rec lover, a daughter, and a lover of lovely things.  You will probably hear about all of these and more on this blog.

My husband and I are newly weds.  We got married in May of 2012 and moved to Hendersonville, NC.  We are happy and in love.  The move to Hendo was a culture shock, especially for me.  I left great friends, a job I love, a beautiful mountain town, and above all, familiarity.  But, nothing could have been better for the first year of our marriage.  R and I have grown so much closer by having to depend on each other.  We know next to no one in this town and that has allowed us to know each other more deeply than we thought we could.

With this move, I lost a lot, but I have gained so much.  I have an amazing new job, where I recently got a pretty big promotion.  We have a sweet pup that we just adopted and have fallen deeply in love with.  We have a precious house that already holds so many memories for us.  And, we have a new beginning.  We can be whatever we want to be here.

Six months into this journey, we are just now getting settled.  We are itching to make new friends and really begin our life as a family.  I can't wait to share it all with you.  Be prepared, if I share the good, I will also share the bad.  But, what is life without a few complications?

No comments:

Post a Comment