Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Recipe Box: Chicken Noodle Soup

I have never been a fan of canned chicken noodle soup.  I always hated the chewy chunks of fake chicken and the slimy noodles.  Then, I came across a recipe for homemade chicken noodle soup.  It has vegetables and shredded chicken and just looked delicious.  I put it on our monthly meal plan and it just so happened that the day I planned to make it was the day R and I got colds that kicked both our butts.

So, if any of you have been hit with a cold this season, whip up this delicious soup recipe and feel a little warmer.

**I prepared the majority of this ahead of time and froze it.  That way I could just dump it in the crock pot on my way to work.  All of the veggies and the chicken were prepared and frozen ahead of time.**


Chicken Noodle Soup
5 cups of chicken broth (boxed or can is fine)
One 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onions, chopped fine
1/2 cup celery, chopped fine
1/2 cup carrots, chopped fine
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
One 15 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup Egg noodles
2 cups cooked chicken chopped or 2 cans canned cooked chicken
Add everything but the noodles and cooked chicken to the crock pot on Low for 5-6 hours, the last hour turn on High, and add noodles and chicken.

See? So easy!  The hardest part is chopping all of the vegetables.  Enjoy your homemade chicken noodle soup!

My chopped veggies before they went into the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment